What We Offer
Teachers know their students and their classrooms best. That’s why New Visions creates high-quality instructional resources that meet the highest learning standards and can easily be tailored based on the individual needs of students. Our mission: to provide teachers with foundational curriculum that they can use to make decisions at the course, unit, or lesson level. Our team of instructional coaches, made up of master teachers, collaborating with New York City classroom teachers, has designed comprehensive curricula in core content areas like high school mathematics, social studies, and science. And because we believe in open educational resources, all of our materials are free to use and adapt.
Our curricular frameworks can be adopted wholesale by schools and districts; or, teachers can choose the resources that work best for them. Arranged in full-course format (like “U.S. History” and “Living Environment”), our curricular resources include:
- Full scope-and-sequence instructional materials, with content aligned to New York State Core Standards and appropriate for courses terminating with New York State Regents Examinations;
- Instructional guidance around use of activities, such as group learning routines;
- Pacing calendar to guide your daily classroom decisions;
- Formative and summative assessment tools that offer students and teachers feedback on their progress;
- Materials for supporting students learning English as a new language and students with disabilities.
Because of the flexibility of the open source Google Apps for Education platform, we host most of our materials in Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets. We encourage teachers to copy our resources and modify them to suit their classroom needs. And we encourage your feedback! Tweet, share or comment on our resources, and let us know how you’re using them.