Re-engagement is a process of going back to a familiar problem or example and looking at in different ways. Re-engagement is usually built on student work but the Algebra by Example tasks are meant to simulate student work instead.
- Clarifies mathematical ideas and/or concepts
- Offers opportunities to understand and explore different strategies
- Helps to move students from specific answers to generalizations for certain types of problems
- Confronts student misconceptions
- Provides specific feedback to students on their work
- Models qualities or characteristics of desired performance